Our “Patriotic Pillow” has been carefully designed to respect Flag regulations! This gift of Gratitude, Respect and Comfort is a Creative Artistic replica of all that the American Flag represents! Just as others have respectfully created images, paintings or drawings showing appreciation for what the flag symbolizes, this cloth gift of comfort was designed to have 6 red & white stripes, and a field of Blue.
How To: Create a Patriotic Pillow!
Finished Size : 12 ½” x 20 ½”
1. Join 2 ½” x 11 ½” strips using a ¼” seam allowance. Face the front of the materials together, so seem allowance is on the inside once opened out. (Main Piece #1)
a. Red Stripe,
b. White Stripe
a. Red Stripe
2. Stitch 3 rows of long strips, 20 ½” x 2 ½” together. (Main Piece #2)
Tip: Sew together two sets of three equal length strips. You should now have two main pieces.
3. Stitch 9 ½” x 6 ½” Blue oblong to left side of pieced strips or Main Piece #1!
4. Now you can put both top & bottom halves together.
5. Sew three sides of the pillow together leaving the right hand side open for pillow insertion.
-The Side with the blue block should be closed.
6. Turn right side out for a beautiful patriotic pillow creation
- Pressing creates a nice flat top to add to the precut back of pillowcase.
- Pillow backing can be any type of material, all one piece.
- Turn inside out, then finish open end of top and back by turning to the inside #2 small 1/8th” folds and topstitch!
Please include finished pillow-case(s), including an optional
Thank You card if you like. All greeting cards should be of an uplifting nature expressing Gratitude & Respect! Nothing of a political or negative nature, ie. anti-war sentiment will be forwarded!
Patriotic Pillow Project
3400 W. 111th St.
Chicago, IL 60655
We can provide delivery / pickup confirmation upon request.